Our sincere goal at Ponte Vedra Valley cemetery is to provide a peaceful and beautiful place for families to honor and remember their loved ones. Our cemetery grounds are open every day of the year from dawn to dusk. For your safety, we kindly ask that you abide by these hours. Our office is open Monday through Saturday from 9 to 5, but we are available by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To keep the cemetery grounds properly maintained, below is a reminder of our guidelines:
- Funeral floral arrangements will be removed approximately two days after the service, at the discretion of the Cemetery Manager. We recommend taking any items you would like to keep the day of the service. Ponte Vedra Valley is not responsible for any items that are left at a burial site. A Temporary Marker is placed by the cemetery the day of the burial and remains in place for 90 days. At the end of 90 days, the Temporary Marker is removed without further notice.
- For the safety of all, at no time may glass containers be placed in the cemetery. They will be immediately removed and discarded.
- All arrangements, whether fresh or silk, must be placed on the headstones or in approved containers on the grave. Approved containers include permanent vases on the headstone or bench, or a temporary plastic cemetery vase with ground steak, with a limit of one temporary vase per grave.
- Flowerpots will not be allowed on the grave at any time, unless they are placed on the permanent monument and not on the grass, and are not glass. We do not allow the use of any solar powered or battery-operated lights, yard flags, or shepherd's hooks; they will be immediately removed.
- Nothing is to be attached to the mausoleum/columbarium doors. Flowers may be placed on the mausoleum/columbarium floor and/or the brick ledge.
- All arrangements will be removed when they become unsightly or out-of-season, at the discretion of Ponte Vedra Valley, or if they are in the way of maintenance activities: Live plants/flowers will be discarded.
- Silk items, potted plants, lights, etc., will be placed at the family items table near the maintenance area where they will be kept temporarily for collection by the family before being discarded.